These burritos are easy, healthy and so good. Once you've baked your burritos in the oven, you'll never go back! Feel free to be creative with your fillings, adding vegetarian meats, steamed veggies, Dairy-Free Queso Dip or store-bought vegan cheeses to spice it up!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 large burritos
- For the Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- Dairy-Free Sour Cream, such as Tofutti
- 1 Recipe Easy Guacamole (or store-bought variety)
- Spicy salsa of your choice
- To Assemble:
- 6 large burrito-sized tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 500 F.
2. Make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, toss the drained black beans with the fresh cilantro and garlic salt. Mix in the cooked rice and set aside.
3. Assemble the burritos. Working one tortilla at a time, spread several generous tablespoons of dairy-free sour cream in a line about 2" thick across the middle of the tortilla, leaving about 1" on the sides. Spread several tablespoons of the guacamole on top of the dairy-free sour cream. Spread approximately 1/6 of rice and bean filling on top of the guacamole, followed by several table spoons of spicy salsa.
4. To roll your burritos, fold the 1-inch sides of the tortillas toward the center of the tortillas, just barely folding over the edges of the filling. Pull the "bottom" of the tortilla up over the filling mixture, tucking the edge of the tortilla just underneath the filling while continuing to hold in the sides. Roll the tortilla until the "top" of the tortilla now forms a seam at the bottom. Push in the sides with your fingers if necessary. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, placing them seam-side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, flipping half-way through, until browned on both sides. Serve hot with additional salsa if desired.