This egg salad sandwich is the king of egg salad sandwiches. Prepared with Curried Egg Salad, avocado, greens, and lightly seasoned tomato slices on whole-grain bread, it's a flavorful yet healthy way to enjoy the lunch box and picnic favorite.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1 Recipe Curried Egg Salad
- 8 slices whole-grain bread (make sure it's dairy-free!)
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- About 2 cups fresh salad greens
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2. Place the slices of whole grain bread on a clean work surface. Spread 1/4 of the mashed avocado on 4 slices of the bread. Top the avocado-spread slices with the salad greens, about 1/4 cup per slice, followed by the tomato slices. Lightly season the tomatoes with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Spread the curried egg salad evenly on the remaining four slices. Pair each egg salad bread slice with an avocado-tomato bread slice, press together and serve!