These vegan s'mores bars are easy to make but always impressive, whether at kid parties or adult get-togethers. There are several varieties of vegan marshmallows on the market, but for this recipe I prefer Sweet and Sara's Vanilla Marshmallows, which are available in the U.S., Australia, Canada, the U.K. and online.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 15 to 18 bars
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) dairy-free soy margarine
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 t. salt
- 3 cups chopped vegan marshmallows
- For the Ganache:
- 16 ounces dark dairy-free chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups plain unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 t. vanilla extract
- 4 dairy-free graham crackers, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 11"x17" casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the soy margarine using an electric hand mixer until creamy. Add the confectioners sugar and beat until well combined. Gradually add the flour and salt until the mixture forms a thick, soft dough. Press the dough into the prepared dish and baked until golden brown, about 15 minutes. After removing the pan from the oven, evenly distribute the chopped vegan marshmallows on top of the crust in a single layer. Set the pan on a wire cooling rack while preparing the ganache.
3. Make the ganache. Place the chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl just big enough to fit. Heat the soymilk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until steam is rising from the surface but the liquid is not boiling. Pour the soymilk over the chocolate and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes without stirring. After 5 minutes, add the vanilla extract and stir the mixture using a wooden spoon until smooth and glossy. (This will take about 1-2 minutes of continuous stirring.)Pour the ganache over the marshmallow crust, covering as many of the marshmallows as possible. Sprinkle the crumbled graham crackers over the ganache. Let the bars cool completely, then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Cut into bars and serve cold.