This frosting is perfect for chocolate dairy-free cupcakes or a vegan chocolate cake, for adults and kids alike. I prefer using fresh ground natural peanut butter (I like the flavor), but feel free to use any natural peanut butter variety.
Makes about 4 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 8-ounce tub dairy-free soy cream cheese, such as Tofutti
- 2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups cofectioners sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. dairy-free soy milk, plus more if needed
1. In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream together the dairy-free soy cream cheese and natural creamy peanut butter until well blended. Gradually add the confectioners sugar, first beating at a low speed setting until the sugar is just combined. Add the sea salt, vanilla and soy milk, and beat at a medium-speed setting until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before using to frost dairy-free cupcakes or cakes.