This recipe is simple and sweet, both elegant and down-to-earth. Perfect for dairy-free cakes and cupcakes, both vanilla and chocolate, this frosting always seems like a good idea.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 sticks (1 cup) dairy-free soy margarine, cold
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut (or, alternatively, full-fat unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1. In a large bowl using an electric hand-mixer, cream the dairy-free soymargarine until smooth and "fluffy". Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, blending until combined. Add the cream of coconut (or coconut milk), vanilla extract and coconut flakes and blend until creamy. Use to frost dairy-free cakes and cupcakes, garnishing with additional flaked coconut if desired.