Quick and inexpensive to prepare, this frosting is the perfect finishing touch for dairy-free cakes and dairy-free cupcakes, especially when preparing for parties and get-togethers when time is of the essence!
When preparing dairy-free frostings, I generally prefer to use a "stick" variety of dairy-free soy margarine instead of a "tub" variety. For more information, this short list of my favorite butter substitutes can help guide you through the many available varieties of dairy-free margarines and spreads.
Makes about 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- ¼ cup (½ stick) dairy-free soy margarine, softened
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk or soymilk
- ¾ cup unsweetened pure cocoa powder
- ½ t. vanilla
1. In a medium-large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the powdered sugar with the soy margarine until mixture is thick but well combined. Add the almond milk, cocoa powder and vanilla, and continue to mix until smooth.