This is great for a quick weeknight meal or a last-minute dinner party, and it is also a great way to use up some of your pantry staples!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth powder
- 2 15-oz cans white beans, such as Great Northern or Butter Beans
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a 3-quart stock pot over medium heat and add the onions once hot. Saute the onions until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the water and vegetable broth powder, stirring to dissolve. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a blender or food processor, process the beans with the onions and broth until creamy. Return the soup to the pot over low heat, mix in the soy yogurt and add the salt and peper. Cook until desired consistency and temperature. Serve hot.