This gazpacho is a delightful first course or light lunch during the summer months.
NOTE: if you'd like a more watery watermelon gazpacho, puree more watermelon or add water until it's the right consistency and flavor. If you'd like a chunkier soup, puree less watermelon!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
- 10 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 peeled cucumbers, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, divided
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno, finely diced (optional)
- 3 T. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 t. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 t. salt, plus more to taste
1. In a blender, puree 6 cups of the watermelon, 1 of the peeled cucumbers, and 1/2 cup of the tomatoes until smooth. Set aside.
2. Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, tossing until evenly mixed. Add the watermelon puree and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.