This recipe calls for 1 recipe of this Dairy-free Creamy Raspberry Dressing which takes mere minutes to prepare but requires about 20-30 minutes to chill before serving, so I generally prepare the dressing, wash out the blender, then begin assembling my salad.
Feel free to dress up this salad with other vegetables, nuts, fruits or even crumbled tofu or dairy-free tofu ricotta.
Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Creamy Raspberry Dressing (see Head Note)
- About 10 ounces mixed greens such as baby spinach, lettuce, radicchio, or arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh red onion
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 8 ounces dried Turkish figs, halved and de-stemmed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Salt and pepper
1. Prepare the Dairy-free Creamy Raspberry Dressing. Allow the dressing to chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the salad. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the mixed greens, red onion, walnuts, dried figs and raspberries until evenly distributed. Lightly salt and pepper.
3. When ready to serve, toss the salad with a bit of the dressing, serving the rest on the side.