Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 T. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash chunks (cut into 1" cubes)
- 3 cups chopped apples (chopped into roughly 1" pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9" x 13" casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butternut squash cubes, apple pieces, chopped shallots, dried cranberries and ginger until well mixed. In a small bowl or mixing glass, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup and fresh lemon juice. Toss the butternut squash mixture with the olive oil mixture until evenly coated. Toss with the brown sugar mixture until evenly coated.
4. Spread the butternut squash mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring half-way through, until the squash and apples are tender. Serve hot.