Curry powder and scallions turn this ordinary egg salad into something exciting that's packed with flavor, and soy yogurt and soy mayo make it healthier than traditional egg salad recipes that use a lot of full-fat mayonnaise.
For a richer dairy-free version, substitute dairy-free sour cream for the soy yogurt.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 T. dairy-free plain soy yogurt
- 2 T. low-fat mayonnaise (either soy or regular)
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t. sea salt
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using a potato masher or fork, mash well until the egg salad is creamy but still textured. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Curried egg salad will keep for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.