Roasted baby potatoes make a lovely, comforting side dish to countless recipes, and, prepared with just a few all-natural ingredients, they're inexpensive, healthy, and so simple to make. Feel free to add additional fresh herbs and spices, steamed veggies, or even sun-dried tomatoes to your potatoes to add your own personal touch to this recipe, or read below the recipe for a few suggested variations.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled (but not chopped-leave cloves whole)
- 2 T. good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 T. dried oregano
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the potatoes, garlic, olive oil, fresh rosemary leaves and dried oregano together. Transfer to a baking dish just big enough to fit the potatoes in a single layer, and season generously with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place dish, uncovered, on the center rack in the preheated oven and bake until tender and lightly golden-brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- If you do not have a baking dish that's the right size, feel free to simply roast the potatoes on a baking sheet and then transfer the potatoes to a serving dish before serving.