Nothing is quite as comforting during the summer months as the smell of a peach pie cooling on the window sill. This vegan version is prepared with fresh peaches, but if these are not available, feel free to substitute with frozen peach slices or unsweetened canned slices.
Makes one 9" pie
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Pie Dough
- 5 1/2 cups fresh peeled peach slices
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar or white granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
- Plain dairy-free soy milk, for brushing
1.Lightly grease a 9" pie plate with dairy-free soy margarine. Roll out half of the dairy-free pie dough, and fit into the pie plate. Using your fingers, create a crust around the edge. Place the pie plate, uncovered, in the freezer for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3. Place the peaches in a large mixing bowl, and toss with the lemon juice. In another small bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Toss over the peaches and mix gently until evenly incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Roll out the remaining dairy-free pie dough and fit over the top of the pie, folding the edges under. Using your fingers or a fork, flute the edges to seal. Lightly brush the top crust with dairy-free soy milk and sprinkle with sugar.
3.Bake for 10 minutes, then turn down the heat to 350 F and bake for 30-35 minutes more. Allow the pie to cool on a wire cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.