Every vegan I know has his or her own peanut butter pie recipe. This recipe is one that has evolved over the years for me and is present at many a potluck and party. Feel free to add extra chocolate!
Makes one 9" round or square pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Recipe Vegan Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups dark dairy-free chocolate chips, divided
- 18 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar (I prefer unrefined cane sugar)
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. salt
1. Prepare the Vegan Graham Cracker Crust according to the recipe's instructions in a 9" pie plate or square cake pan. Cool completely.
2. In a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl set over boiling water, melt 1 1/2 cups of the dark dairy-free chocolate. (Alternatively, you can do this in the microwave.) Pour the melted chocolate over the prepared crust, smoothing with a silicone or rubber spatula. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, make the peanut butter filling. In a blender, process the silken tofu until smooth. Add the peanut butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt, and process until smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the chocolate-covered crust. Allow the pie to set for 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Melt the remaining dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a stainless steel bowl set over boiling water. Using a fork or knife, swirl the chocolate in the top of the filling. Return the pie to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve cold.