This vegan banana cream pie recipe is so easy to make, yet so much healthier than traditional cream pie recipes that call for tons of dairy and egg yolks. Feel free to top with shredded coconut, crushed walnuts or other healthy toppings of your choice!
Makes one 9" pie
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Pie Crust or Dairy-Free Graham Cracker Crust
- For the banana cream filling:
- 1 12.3-ounce box extra firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup finely ground cashews
- 1 Recipe Vegan Dark Chocolate Ganache
1. Prepare the dairy-free pie crust of your choice according to the recipe. Fit into a 9" pie plate and bake according to the recipe's instructions. Allow crust to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
2. Prepare the filling. In a blender, process the silken tofu until creamy. Add the sugar, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil and process until well combined and very creamy. Add the mashed bananas and finely ground cashews and process until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours or until set.
3. Prepare the Vegan Dark Chocolate Ganache according to the recipe. Pour immediately onto the set banana filling and allow to cool completely until set. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve cold.