A vegan pumpkin pie without tofu, you ask? YES. If you've tried to find the perfect vegan pumpkin pie but tofu versions haven't lived up to your expectations, this one might be the pie for you!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 1 9" pie
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Pie Dough or store-bought dairy-free pie crust
- 1 cup dairy-free sour cream, such as Tofutti
- 1 15-ounce can canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 T. arrowroot powder
- 2 T. canola oil
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 t. salt
1. Prepare the Dairy-Free Pie Dough according to the recipe. After the dough has chilled, roll out half of the dough on a lightly floured surface and fit into a greased 9" pie pan. Place the pie pan in the refrigerator until ready to fill. Wrap the other half of the dough tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for another pie.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to combine the dairy-free sour cream, pumpkin, sugar, flour, arrowroot powder, canola oil, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt until combined. Pour into the prepared pie crust and bake at 425 F for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 F and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set. Allow pie to cool completely on a wire cooling rack, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours before serving.