Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Yield: 1 9" pie
- 1 Recipe Basic Dairy-Free Pie Crust or other prepared unbaked dairy-free pie crust
- 1 12.3-ounce box extra firm silken tofu, drained
- 1 15-ounce can canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
1.Preheat the oven to 475 F. Roll out the Dairy-Free Pie Dough and fit into a lightly greased 9" pie plate, crimping the edges into a crust with your fingers. Place in the refrigerator until ready to fill.
2. Prepare the filling. In a blender, process the silken tofu until smooth and creamy. Add the pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, cornstarch, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and ground cloves, and process until smooth and well combined.
3. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust, and bake for 15 minutes. Turn down the heat to 350 F and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes, or until the pie is firm. Cool pie on a wire cooling rack until completely cooled, then chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving or until set.