It may seem strange, but Nabisco's Oreos actually contain no dairy or animal-derived ingredients. They are not labeled "dairy-free," so they may contain trace ingredients of dairy from processing, so feel free to use another dairy-free wafer cookie, like Newman O's Wheat-Free Dairy-Free Cookies, which I used in the photograph!
This pie can be served cold or even frozen; to add even more decadence to your cream pie, serve with a dollop of your favorite dairy-free vanilla soy ice cream!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 9" pie
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Oreo Pie Crust
- 1 8-ounce tub dairy-free cream cheese, such as Tofutti
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces dark dairy-free chocolate, melted
- 1 cup dairy-free sour cream, such as Tofutti Sour Supreme
- 1-2 T. Melted dark dairy-free chocolate, for decorating (optional)
- Dairy-Free chocolate wafer cookies, for topping (optional)
2. Prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat the dairy-free cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well combined. Add the melted dark dairy-free chocolate, beating until smooth.
3. Spread half of the mixture on top of the prepared crust in an even layer. Add the dairy-free sour cream to the remaining chocolate mixture and beat until well combined and fluffy. Spread on top of the chocolate layer, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. If desired, using a spoon or knife, swirl 1-2 T. of dark dairy-free chocolate in pinwheels around the top of the pie. Crush a few dairy-free chocolate wafer cookies and sprinkle on top for extra decoration. Chill the pie for 2 hours or until set. Serve cold or frozen.