Healthy and beautiful, this elegant dish is perfect for a dinner party or an evening weeknight dinner. I prefer using this Vegan Pesto Recipe but feel free to use any dairy-free pesto recipe that you choose!
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 t. ground cardamom
- 1 t. salt, plus more to taste
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh baby spinach, wilted
- 2 15-oz cans canned pumpkin
- 1 Recipe Vegan Pesto Sauce (see Head Note)
- 80 wonton wrappers
- Tomato Pasta Sauce, either store-bought or homemade
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9” x 13” casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, adding the garlic and onions once hot. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent and fragrant, about 5-6 minutes. Add the fresh mint, cardamom, salt and wilted spinach, and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the pumpkin and cook until just warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread about ½ t- 1 t. of Dairy-Free Pesto Sauce on about 40 wonton wrappers. On top of each of the wrappers, spoon about 2 T. of filling. Using a thin pastry brush or your fingers, brush the edges of the wontons with water. With dry hands, place new wonton wrappers on top of the ones with the filling. Pinch along the openings of the wrappers to seal, placing them in the prepared dish as you finish assembling the remaining ravioli. Pour the tomato sauce over the ravioli.
4. Bake until the ravioli are lightly browned on top, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.