This recipe is so simple to prepare, and it's refreshing for a lunch entree or a light dinner.
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 ounces cooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 4 clementines, peeled and separated into sections
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- For the Lemon-Parsley Vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. finely chopped lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 T. white granulated sugar (I prefer organic unrefined cane sugar)
- 1 t. white miso
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the pasta, cabbage, cucumbers, clementines and scallions. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
2. Make the lemon-parsley vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, zest, parsley, sugar, miso, olive oil and black sesame seeds until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss the pasta mixture with the vinaigrette, and place the salad in the refrigerator, covered, for 1 hour, or until chilled.