This creamy version of the dairy-laden classic takes little time and effort to prepare but is a comforting dish for any meal of the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 oz. fettuccine pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 T. flour
- 2 ¼ cups soymilk (use a variety that uses a thickening agent, like Silk)
- 3 T. fresh thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste (freshly ground if available)
- steamed greens, if desired
1. Fill a 3-quart saucepan about half-way full with water. Bring water to a boil, and add the pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente and drain.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small saucepan over low to medium heat, heat the oil. Add the flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk until smooth.
3.Continuing to stir, add the soymilk and fresh thyme and bring to a simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the fettuccine and steamed greens, if desired.