This lasagna recipe is quick to make and easy to prepare in advance. For a quick weeknight meal, the lasagna can be prepared through step 3, frozen and baked another day, as it will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. (If you decide to do this, just be sure to let your lasagna return to room temperature before baking.)
This dairy-free ricotta is easy and healthy to make, and it adds just the right amount of texture to the casserole.
Makes one 9" x 13" lasagna
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- ¼ cup flour
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 t. salt
- 2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk alternative
- 1 ½ t. cider vinegar
- 1 ½ t. olive oil (optional, but I prefer it!)
- 2 cups warm pasta sauce, either store-bought or homemade
- 1 9-ounce package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 Recipe Dairy-free Ricotta Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Make the cheese sauce. Combine the flour, nutritional yeast and salt in a small saucepan off-heat. Add ¼ cup of the almond milk, stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture is well combined. Add the remaining almond milk, vinegar and oil, stirring until smooth. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
3. Assemble the lasagna. Pour about ½ cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9” x 13” casserole dish, followed by a layer of noodles, followed by some of the dairy-free ricotta, followed by some of the cheese sauce, followed by another layer of noodles. Repeat, alternating the pasta sauce with the cheese sauce, reserving the last ½ cup of cheese sauce to top the lasagna.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until lasagna is golden brown. Serve warm.