I've tried all sorts of dairy-free and vegan fettucini alfredo pastas over the years, but this one is by far my favorite. Cashews make the sauce extra-rich and nutty and a little bit of dairy-free cream cheese, sour cream, and nutritional yeast go a long way. Try adding green vegetables like spinach and broccoli to add texture, nutrients, and flavor to your pasta for an extra treat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. fettucini pasta or other long noodle like linguini or angel hair
- 1/2 cup finely ground raw cashews
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup dairy-free sour cream, such as Tofutti's Sour Supreme
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cream cheese, such as Tofutti's Better than Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Boil the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, process the finely ground cashews, soy milk (or almond or coconut milk, if using), dairy-free sour cream, dairy-free cream cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt until smooth and creamy. Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and heat until desired consistency and temperature, adding more soy milk as needed. Toss the noodles with the sauce and serve immediately with freshly ground pepper to taste.