This simple healthy pasta salad recipe is perfect during the summer months when light and lean is the order of the day. Feel free to add other season veggies like steamed (and then cooled) asparagus tips or thinly sliced zucchini!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 T. orange juice
- 2 T. water
- 1 T. sugar
- 3/4 t. salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 lb. pasta, such as penne or spirals
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, water, sugar, and salt until well combined. Add the parsley, cherry tomatoes and almonds, tossing until well mixed. Set aside.
2. Boil the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions. Drain in a colander and run under cold water for about 30 seconds, shaking the excess water from the noodles. Toss the pasta with the parsley-dressing mix, stirring until well mixed. Lightly season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Serve cold.