These pizzas are great for an easy and fast appetizer or entree, and they are extremely versatile. Top with you favorite store-bought or homemade dairy-free cheese or cheese sauce, and add any toppings you'd like!Makes two 9" pizzas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 ½ t. and 1 t. salt, divided
- 1 T. Herbes de Provence
- 2 cups warm water
- ½ cup tomato sauce, no-salt-added variety
- 1 ½ T. honey
- Dairy-free cheese of your choice, either store-bought or homemade
- Toppings of choice, such as mushrooms, green peppers or fresh herbs
1. Preheat the oven to 450. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Coat a heavy-bottomed skillet very lightly with cooking spray or oil, taking care not to over-oil. Heat the skillet over medium heat. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 1 ½ t. salt and Herbes de Provence. Add in the warm water, mixing until just combined.
3. Pour the batter into the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping the pizza when bubbles appear on the top and the sides appear slightly translucent. Remove from heat.
4.Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix the tomato sauce, honey and remaining salt until well combined.
5.Spread the sauce onto the pizza, followed by the dairy-free cheese and any desired toppings. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden. Serve hot.