This whole wheat vegan pizza is a favorite of mine, and so versatile. Feel free to use whatever veggies and vegan meats that you desire!
Of course, if you're one of those dairy-freers that resists the no-cheese approach, feel free to use your favorite Dairy-Free Cheese to your pizza (Daiya Mozza Shreds is my personal favorite brand to use for pizzas, but use whatever brand you're most comfortable with). After spreading the pizza sauce on the crust, sprinkle the dairy-free cheese evenly but generously on top of the sauce. Top with your veggies and vegan meats (if using) and bake away!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: Makes one large pizza
- 1 Recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 2 T. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Store-Bought Pizza Sauce, about 1/2 cup or as desired
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Garlic salt, for sprinkling (optional)
1. Prepare the Whole Wheat Pizza Crust according to the recipe's instructions. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly oil a pizza pan or baking sheet.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic and onions for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Add the green pepper and mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until all vegetables are soft and fragrant but not soggy. Remove from heat.
3. Roll out the Pizza Crust according to the recipe's instructions and place on the prepared sheet. Crimp a crust with your hands. Using a large soup spoon, spoon the store-bought pizza sauce onto the center of the pizza and spread out toward the crust. Place the cooked vegetables on top of the crust to evenly distribute, then top with the slices of Roma tomatoes. Lightly brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Serve hot.
Other Topping Ideas: