These adorable savory stromboli are wonderful for fun dinners with adults and kids alike. I prefer using Daiya Mozza Shreds for this recipe, but if you have another favorite Vegan Cheese Substitute, feel free to try it out!
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 55 minutes
Yield: 4 large stromboli
- 1 Recipe Pizza Dough (or about 1 lb. frozen pizza dough, thawed)
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces shredded vegan cheese, such as Daiya
- Olive oil, for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil, and set aside.
2. Divide the pizza dough into four even sections. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each dough section to a rectangle or oval about 8" long and 6" wide. Portion the broccoli evenly onto each of the pieces, leaving about 1/2"-3/4" of a border all the way around. Sprinkle the garlic evenly over the broccoli on each of the pieces, then lightly salt and pepper the broccoli and garlic. Portion the vegan cheese evenly among the four stromboli.
3. Tucking in the short ends with your fingers as you would a burrito, roll the stromboli carefully into logs, pressing the seam lightly to seal. Place the stromboli seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil. Using a sharp knife, cut 3-6 1-inch cuts into the surface of each of the stromboli. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the vegan cheese is melted. Serve hot.