Few morning meals signal comfort quite like pancakes. These dairy-free, egg-free breakfast delights are perfect with maple syrup and a dairy-free margarine of your choice.
When making your pancakes, it's important not to overmix your batter, as this will keep your pancakes from rising properly, resulting in a denser, flatter flapjack.
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or soymilk
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 2 t. sugar
- oil, for cooking
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla soy yogurt and sugar until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add the batter, ¼ cup at a time, to the hot skillet and cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Using a spatula, flip the pancake and cook for 1-2 minutes more, or until both sides are golden brown . Repeat until all of the batter is used and serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.