These pancakes are incredibly simple to make, but they're so special. Feel free to add fresh berries, flecks of coconut or even fresh mint to these hotcakes!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar (I prefer organic unrefined sugar)
- 1 T. finely chopped orange zest
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely ground almonds
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 T. melted dairy-free soy margarine
- Olive oil, for cooking
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients until well combined. In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, orange juice and melted soy margarine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
2. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a heavy-bottom medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the pancake batter to the pan, about 1/4 cup at a time, flipping with a flat spatula when bubbles appear on the surface. Transfer pancakes to a plate as you work and cover, repeating until all of the batter is used. Serve pancakes warm with dairy-free soy margarine, powdered sugar or syrup.