These melt-in-your-mouth vegan banana pancakes are one of the best excuses to eat chocolate in the morning, and they're so easy to make. To make the best pancakes possible, make sure to do two things:
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 3-4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- Maple syrup and fresh banana slices, for serving
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add the mashed bananas and soy milk, mixing until combined, but don't over mix. (Mixture should still be lumpy.) Fold in the dark dairy-free chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
2. Lightly grease a griddle or frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the batter to the griddle or frying pan, 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately with maple syrup and fresh banana slices.