Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 6 slices thick dairy-free sourdough bread
- Cooking spray, preferably canola oil
- Pure maple syrup or powdered sugar, for serving
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla soy milk, ground cinnamon and salt. Place the slices of bread in a single layer in a shallow casserole dish, and pour the egg mixture evenly over the slices. Let the slices soak for 10 minutes, flipping half-way through.
2. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook the toast until golden brown, flipping half-way through, until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with maple syrup, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit.