Dairy-Free Recipes for Holidays, Birthdays and Special Occasions
By Ashley Adams
Nothing says "Happy Birthday" quite like a birthday cake or another homemade sweet. Most traditional birthday cake recipes and treats contain dairy ingredients, from butter and milk to cream cheese and sour cream, but the recipe collections below contain instructions on how to make dairy-free, delicious sweets that are sure to make your friends and family smile.
- Dairy-Free Birthday Cakes
- Dairy-Free Cupcakes
- Dairy-Free Desserts for Kids
- Store-Bought Dairy-Free Baking Mixes
- Vegan Cupcakes
If you're planning a home-catered wedding, you already know that it's impossible to please everyone, especially when it comes to the food. But, at the very least, it's nice to know that everyone can safely enjoy the menu! If you're still looking for hors d'oeuvre, dessert, and cake recipes to suit dairy-free and vegan diets, browse through some of the recipes below for inspiration.
The way to a lover's heart is through their stomach! Whether you intend to make your valentine breakfast in bed or a homemade box of dairy-free chocolates, you'll find what you're looking for in these collections.
- Dairy-Free Brunch Recipes
- Dairy-Free Candy Recipes
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Recipes
- Dairy-Free Pancakes
- Dairy-Free Valentine's Day Chocolates
Spring and Summer Holidays
From Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's Day to Easter and the Fourth of July, most traditional holiday recipes contain dairy ingredients, from the King Cake to summer cobblers and strawberry shortcakes. These resources will give you some ideas on how to celebrate the season without the dairy.
- Dairy-Free Mardi Gras King Cake
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
- Dairy-Free Passover Recipes
- Dairy-Free Easter Recipes
- Dairy-Free Easter Entrees, Starters, and Sides
- Dairy-Free Mother's Day Recipes
- Dairy-Free Father's Day Recipes
- Dairy-Free Fourth of July Desserts
- Vegan Easter Desserts
Fall and Winter Holidays
During the fall and winter months when hearty, butter-rich casseroles and desserts are the festive fare of the season, it can seem difficult to prepare dishes that vegans and dairy-free and lactose intolerant persons can enjoy. If you're looking to prepare some of your favorite Halloween treats, Thanksgiving pies, and Christmas cookies, browse through the recipe collections below to find the dish to suit your celebration.
- Dairy-Free Halloween Candies and Chocolates
- Dairy-Free Holiday Recipes
- Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Recipes
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
- Homemade Dairy-Free Candies and Treats
- Dairy-Free Holiday Breads