These little delicious muffins are such a nice treat on weekday mornings and weekend brunches alike, and they're gluten-free, vegan, and super easy to make as an added bonus. Loaded with banana flavor, you'd never know that these melt-in-your-mouth muffins are good for you, too!
Feel free to add in other ingredients to dress up your muffins; blueberries, dairy-free chocolate chips, walnuts or other nuts, dried fruit, or shredded coconut are all tasty additions to any banana muffin. And if you want to make your morning meal a little extra special, try whipping up one of these deliciously dairy-free and gluten-free spreads:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 standard muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix (store-bought, or homemade)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
- Equivalent of 3 eggs Egg Replacer, such as Ener-G Egg Replacer (you can also mix 3 T. flax meal with 4 T. warm water)
- 1 1/3 cup mashed overripe bananas (about 3-4 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- For Topping:
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a standard 12-cup muffin tray and set aside.
3. Using a standard ice cream scoop or melon baller, scoop the batter into each of the 12 muffin cups (if you do not have an ice cream scoop or melon baller, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup instead). Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back slightly when touched. Allow muffins to cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 30 minutes, then remove and allow muffins to cool on the cooling rack. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold. If using, dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
**This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, vegan, and gluten-free and wheat-free diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with allergies or dietary restrictions, make sure to read all nutritional labels carefully to make sure that there are no hidden dairy-derived ingredients (or gluten, egg, soy or wheat ingredients, if these apply to you).