This dairy-free muffin recipe is so easy to make and significantly healthier than recipes that call for butter and other dairy ingredients. Feel free to add chopped nuts, dark dairy-free chocolate, or anything that suits your palate!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 large muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (from about 3 large overripe bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk
- 1 t. lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, canola oil, soy milk and lemon juice until well mixed. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin emerges clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.