Make one 9" x 5" meatloaf
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 T. and 1 t. Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- ½ cup plain unsweetened plain almond milk or soymilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
2. Using your fingers, press the brown sugar evenly into the oiled loaf pan. Combine the ketchup with the 1 t. Worcestershire sauce and spread this over the brown sugar.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined. Add the remaining 1 T. Worcestershire sauce, almond milk or soymilk, eggs and panko bread crumbs, stirring until mixture just holds together. Press the mixture into the shape of a loaf and press into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through. Serve hot.