Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 8 T. creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 12-16 vegan marshmallows, sliced in half (see head note)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a toaster or toaster oven, toast the bread slices until just lightly golden brown (not dark). Spread 2 T. of peanut butter on four of the slices. Portion the vegan marshmallows on top of the peanut butter. Place the peanut buttered toast slices on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 3-5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted and the peanut butter is melty. Top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of toast. Slice sandwiches in half and serve immediately.