Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 cup (8 T.) creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 8 slices dairy-free bread, sourdough or whole grain
- 8 ounces dairy-free cheese, such as Daiya or Follow Your Heart
1. Spread 2 T. of peanut butter on four slices of the bread. Place about 2 ounces of dairy-free cheese, shredded or in strips, on top of the peanut buttered slices. Top each peanut buttered-cheesed slice with one of the remaining four slices, and press the sandwiches together firmly.
2. Lightly oil a non-stick cooking pan with olive oil, then place over medium high heat. Cook each sandwich until the dairy-free cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm.