It might surprise you, but Nabisco's Oreos are actually dairy-free and vegan, and so these delicious vegan oreo ice cream flurries are actually very simple to make. All that you need is a pint of quality dairy-free vanilla ice cream and a box of Oreos or Newman O's, and you're set!
To see a list of my favorite dairy-free ice cream brands, look here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 large "flurries"
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 pint dairy-free vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 2 t. vanilla soy milk (optional)
1. Using your hands, crumble 10 of the cookies.(NOTE: Do NOT over-crumble as the cookies will break more when you combine them with the ice cream.) Set the other 2 cookies aside.
2. Place the broken cookies, the dairy-free vanilla ice cream and the soy milk (if using) in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together. The key is to neither overmix nor undermix; ideally, the flurries will have a "dirty" chocolate cookie color but will still have large pieces of cookie throughout.
3. Portion the flurry mixture into 2 serving glasses and stick one whole cookie into each of the flurries as a garnish. Place in the freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!