Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 8 cups chopped butternut squash(peeled, seeded and chopped into 1" cubes)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soy milk, plus more if desired
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic, onions and celery, stirring often, until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, butternut squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30-40 minutes.
2. Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and process until smooth. Return the soup to the pot. Stir in the soy milk, salt and pepper, and cook until desired temperature and consistency, adding more soy milk as desired. Serve hot.