For a vegan baked oatmeal recipe that uses agave nectar instead of sugar, this Healthy Baked Oatmeal Recipe is another delightful dairy-free favorite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 3 T. flax meal (finely ground flax seeds)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup almond milk or soy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted soy margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Light oil or grease an 8" square baking pan.
2. In a medium-large bowl, combine the quick-cooking oats, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flax meal with the warm water until the mixture is "goopy". Set aside. In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup and melted soy margarine. Add this to the dry ingredients, followed by the flax mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and apples until evenly distributed.
3. Spread the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean. Cut into 8 squares and serve warm with almond milk or soy milk.