These golden chewy bars are easy to prepare and easy to transport, which makes them perfect for rushed mornings, afternoon snakcs, road trips and hiking excursions. For a vegan variation, replace the honey with agave nectar or maple syrup, reducing the amount of syrup by 1 T. Feel free to use your favorite granola, either storebought or using one of my homemade granola recipes
Makes 24 bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups granola, homemade or store-bought
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup oat bran
- 2/3 cups soymilk powder
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2/3 cup dairy-free soy yogurt, such as Wild Wood
- 2/3 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line one 9" x 13" casserole dish with parchment. Set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the granola, raisins, oat bran, soymilk powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In another small bowl, combine the soy yogurt and the honey, mixing until well combined. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until well incorporated.
4. Press mixture into the prepared dish and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold for a tasty snack or treat!