This easy vegan quiche recipe is a favorite of mine, prepared with pantry staples like garlic, onions, and tofu. While I like to prepare this recipe with the broccoli and crimini mushrooms as directed, feel free to add other veggies of your choice!
Makes one 9" quiche
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Pie Dough
- 4 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 12 ounces crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, rinsed
- 1 lb. firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. tahini
- 1 T. rice vinegar
1. Prepare the Dairy-Free Pie Dough according to the instructions, plate in a lightly oiled 9" tart or pie pan, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before filling with the quiche filling and baking.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 T. of the olive oil, adding the onions once hot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are just softened, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly caramelized. Add the remaining olive oil, white wine, garlic, fresh basil, 1/2 t. salt and red pepper flakes and cook until the mushrooms have absorbed the liquid and the garlic smells fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Set aside.
4. In a steam basket set over boiling water, steam the broccoli for 3-5 minutes, or until bright green and lightly crisp. Toss with the mushroom mixture and set aside.
5. In the bowl of a food processor, process the tofu, lemon juice, tahini, rice vinegar, and remaining 1 t. salt until smooth. Fold in the mushroom-broccoli mixture, stirring until evenly mixed. Place filling in the prepared pie crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Serve hot.