This vegan quiche recipe is simple to make, healthy, and versatile. Feel free to use whatever veggies and vegetarian meat that suits your palate, and, if you're hosting a party, feel free to make mini quiches, either in small tartlet pans or muffin tins.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 1 9" quiche
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Pie Dough
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces vegan bacon, chopped
- 1 t. salt, divided
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, rinsed
- 1 lb. firm silken tofu, drained
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. tahini
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 1 8-ounce package Vegan Cheese of your choice
1. Prepare the Dairy-Free Pie Dough according to the instructions, plate in a lightly oiled 9" tart or pie pan, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before filling with the quiche filling and baking.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 T. of the olive oil, adding the onions once hot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly caramelized, about 6-8 minutes. Add the remaining olive oil, garlic, vegan bacon, 1/2 t. salt and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic smells fragrant, about 4-5 minutes more. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Set aside.
4. In a steam basket set over boiling water, steam the broccoli for 3-5 minutes, or until bright green and lightly crisp. Toss with the onion-vegan bacon mixture and set aside.
5. In the bowl of a food processor, process the tofu, lemon juice, tahini, rice vinegar, and remaining 1/2 t. salt until smooth. Fold in the broccoli-onion mixture, stirring until evenly mixed. Using your hands, crumble the Vegan Cheese evenly into the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the filling on top of the Vegan Cheese in the prepared pie crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Serve hot.