Scrambled eggs are cheap and easy to make, and although most traditional recipes for scrambled eggs call for butter, milk, and cheese, this one is every bit as delicious without the dairy. Feel free to add sauteed vegetables, fresh herbs, and dairy-free cheese to dress up your dish! For extra rich scrambled eggs , I like to whisk in 2-3 T. dairy-free sour cream to the egg mixture.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dairy-free soy milk or almond milk
- 1/4 t. salt, plus more to taste
- 2 T. dairy-free soy margarine
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until pale yellow in color and well beaten. Add the dairy-free soy milk (or almond milk, if using) and the salt, and beat until well combined. Heat the dairy-free soy margarine in an egg pan or frying pan over medium-high heat, swirling the pan to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the eggs and cook, stirring and scrambling until the eggs are set. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.