This has become a go-to recipe in my household; it takes only minutes of active prep time, and only about 30 minutes in the oven, so it's ideal for rushed breakfasts, lunches or dinners. Feel free to add in other vegetables of your choice, and use whatever dairy-free cheese is your favorite. For the quiche in the photo, I used Follow Your Heart's Vegan Gourmet Cheddar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 9" quiche
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened soy milk or almond milk
- 6 ounces dairy-free cheese alternative of your choice, such as Follow Your Heart's Vegan Gourmet Cheddar
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, stems removed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until pale yellow in color. Add the freshly ground black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and soy milk, whisking until well combined. Set aside.
3. Using your fingers, crumble a little more than half of the dairy-free cheese into the bottom of a 9" pie plate, covering as much of the surface area as possible. Crumble the remaining dairy-free cheese into the egg mixture. Add in the spinach, mixing until evenly distributed, and gently pour the mixture into the pie plate. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the tope is golden brown and the center is slightly risen but not jiggly. Allow quiche to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm.