This pâté is really special, tasty and easy to prepare. For a little extra flare, bake the pâté in lightly-oiled ramekins and turn them out on a platter to serve.
Makes one 9"x 5" terrine or 12 ramekins (see note)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 14-ounce cans boneless and skinless salmon, no-salt added variety, drained
- 2 12-oz blocks silken extra-firm tofu, with packing water
- 1 cup finely ground cashews
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 2 T. salt
- 1 cup chopped scallions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a blender, combine the salmon and the tofu until well blended. Add the cashews, vinegar and salt and blend until creamy. With a wooded spoon or spatula, fold in the scallions.
3. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until puffed up and golden brown, about 35-45 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Chill for at least 2 hours before turning out onto a platter or plate and serving.