Sweetened and spiced with flavorful Sweet & Sour Fig Chutney, this Brie Round is wrapped in flaky filo dough and baked, creating an indulgent appetizer that is impressive as it is delicious. For a vegan version, simply omit the egg white and brush the filo dough lightly with oil before baking.
Makes one 8" round
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Filo dough, thawed if frozen
- Oil, for brushing
- 1 Recipe Dairy-Free Brie Round
- 1 Recipe Fig Chutney
- 1/4 Cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 large egg white (optional, see Head Note)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place a few pieces of Filo Dough on the baking sheet, brushing each lightly with oil. Place the round of brie on top in the center of the sheets. Spoon fig chutney and walnuts on top of the brie round, being careful to keep your hands dry while working with the filo.
3. Gather up the sides of the filo dough around the brie, as if making a small sack, and pinch together, folding or securing with kitchen twine (this is just a matter of personal presentation preferences).
4. Brush outside of dough with egg white and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with crackers or bread.