These vegan chilled treats are simple to prepare but so, so good! They are easy to make in advance for a large party or just 30 minutes ahead of a quick weeknight meal. Agave nectar can be found in health food stores, but if it is not available, substitute 1/2 cup honey with 2 T. maple syrup, brown rice syrup or barley malt syrup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 4 cups frozen raspberries, plus more for garnishing (optional)
- ½ cup agave nectar (see above)
- 1 cup finely ground cashews, plus more for garnishing (optional)
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
1. Combine the raspberries, agave and ground cashews in a blender and blend on the highest setting until thick and creamy. Portion into four parfait or wine glasses and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. (If making the recipe more than 3 hours in advance, place in the refrigerator and then freeze for about 15 mintues before serving.)
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the oil and the chocoate chips, allowing the chips to melt slightly and then stirring until just combined. Add a swirl of chocolate sauce to each of the parfaits and return to the freezer or refrigerator.
3. Right before serving, garnish with a few berries and ground cashews if desired. Serve chilled.