This recipe is truly delightful. This homemade almond milk recipe works well for this recipe, but feel free to use other raw nut milks of your choice.
Both agave nectar and raw cocoa nibs are available at most health food stores, and at many large grocers as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups raw cashews, macadamia nuts or hazelnuts
- 1 cups water or coconut water
- 3/4 cups maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 t. fine sea salt
- 2 cups homemade raw almond milk (see head note), plus more to taste
- 1 T. fresh orange juice
- Agave nectar, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa nibs
1. In a blender, blend the nuts until very fine (the mixture should resemble a very fine powder). Add the water, agave nectar and salt and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow dish and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
2. Return the chilled mixture to the blender, along with the 2 cups raw almond milk, and blend until smooth. Add agave nectar to taste and blend. Add more almond milk if desired. Add the finely chopped mint, and pulse only until the mint is combined but is still in pieces. Stir in the cocoa nibs, portion into glasses, and chill for 30 minutes in the freezer before serving. Serve very cold, garnishing with cocoa nibs and fresh mint if desired.