These chocolate creations defy every convention of cake-baking, and yet they are phenomenal! Easy and neat to make, and just a little messy to eat, these desserts are the pinnacle of decadence. The edges and the top will set like a cake, but the "lava" middle will be like chocolate custard. Serve them in 2-cup baking dishes, as they will puff up significantly in the oven.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 12-oz package dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup plain unsweetened soy yogurt
- ½ cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ t. baking soda
- 2 T. Egg Replacer Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of boiling water (not touching), stirring occasionally until completely melted.
2. Place the soy yogurt into a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk the melted chocolate into the soy yogurt, stirring until well combined. Add the soy milk and confectioners sugar, stirring until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and Egg Replacer powder. Working quickly, mix the dry ingredients into the saucepan until mixture is just combined. Cook for about 2 minutes more, or until the liquid is slightly thickened.
4. Pour the batter into 4 2-cup ovenproof dishes and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until the edges of the cakes are set and the top has formed a crust but the middle still jiggles. Serve warm.